Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Aftermath


Over the past couple of months, I wondered if I would suffer from post-wedding blues. The thought crossed my mind at around t-minus 3 months when I realized that I wasn't doing anything that wasn't wedding involved. Every thought, every spare minute, was about my wedding. I had been pinning, planning and prepping for the better part of 2 years and the recent months were completely dedicated to that one day. I was driving my (now husband) crazy with projects and I literally didn't have one day out of 90 that I didn't do something wedding related. So what would I ever do with my time after the big day... I mean, did I even have a life or hobbies anymore?

As it turns out, my life just went back to normal, and thank god for that. By the time our wedding was over, I had no remorse, no regrets, except that I put so much time into it. Granted, the weather on our wedding changed everything. It changed my attitude and it changed what was important on that day. I stopped worrying so much about the details because with the rain, a lot had fallen by the wayside. Like I've said before, I was able to really focus on what was happening... I was getting married! So anyway, when everything was all said and done, I do wish that I hadn't stressed over everything that just "had to get done"!

Seems that even though you can stop your life for months at a time for a wedding, it will still be there when its all over and I still have tons of projects to do, books to read and other weddings to be excited for!

Buuuut... there is still a lot of wedding "stuff" that needs to be finished... (sigh)

Post wedding projects:

Finish blog posts of final projects

I still have a few DIY projects that I plan to post

Thank You cards

I am not excited for how sore my hand is going to be but I am so glad to finally be able to send these (soon)! We are so, so beyond grateful for all the awesome gifts and contributions to our honeymoon! We had to wait to get our pictures back from our photographer because we took some cute photos holding "thank you" signs and I just completed and ordered our thank-you-postcards last night. I can't wait to see how they turned out and start the process of writing/sending!

Get wedding dress cleaned - ugh... how much does that cost!?

Do something with dried petal from bouquets - I have a few ideas in mind, obviously, thanks to Pinterest

Get my rings "stuck" together

Figure out whose insurance is better or if we are sticking to "separate" -  I don't even know where to begin!

Change my name

 I've started this process and it isn't fun. First you have to wait for the marriage license to get filed. Then you have to go (in person) to the County Clerks office and pay again ($15) for a "certified" copy of your marriage certificate. Then you have to mail a form into your local Social Security office along with proof of citizenship and identity (in my case, my passport). Then you have to wait for your new card to come in the mail. Only then can you go to DMV, in person, with all those new documents to get a new license, registration, etc. And after that, you can finally contact everyone else in the universe to let them know you've changed your name... your doctor, your insurance, your bank, your credit card companies, utility companies, mortgage company, your school and the list goes on! Oh, plus I have to get a new name placard for my cubicle at work.
 
Do something with wedding photos

I want to frame a few and possibly get one or 2 printed on canvas, the problem is, I love all of the pictures so much that I can't decide which ones I want on my walls! I also (eventually... one day... another sigh) want to scrapbook some of the photos... but who knows when that will happen. Another thing that I want to do is make magnets from all of the Instagram pictures we got using our #jshitched hashtag (one of my most successful ideas of the night!). I found a few tutorials online to do it at home rather them printed (the online Instagram printer places are WAY too expensive for my taste)

And last but not least, start to use all the fun  kitchen/household gadgets we got as gifts!  - Can't wait to make some homemade beef jerky!

SEE! There is still so much to be done, and our kitchen table still has wedding junk all over it!

1 comment: