Tuesday, October 15, 2013

#Gottadoit

After our wedding, there is one thing that I think everyone should do for their wedding... and that is to make their own Instagram hashtag. I knew I had to do this after seeing the idea online and doing the same for my bachelorette party... but my wedding hashtag was very successful, I think we got over 60 tags and it is so cool to see all of the "action" shots that people are taking during your wedding. I created a little sign that ended up at the entry of the wine cave, where most of the night took place... just a simple Instagram logo and our tag painted on a piece of wood!

awful picture, I know, but it worked
 If you decide to do a tag for your special day, I suggest searching your tag ahead of time so that it is a unique tag that someone else hasn't used already. Here are a few of my favorite Instagrams from our wedding night... I can't wait to turn them all into magnets for our fridge!


















So awesome! But another thing that I thought was so cool to have at our wedding was this chalkboard that I made, inspired by an Etsy shop I saw (very similar to this one). Although I drew our chalkboard myself I still think that it would be way worth it to have something custom made to keep forever( Most of the Etsy shops actually use white paint made to look like chalk so that it never smudges or smears). Anyway, it doesn't have to be a chalkboard, maybe something printed and framed or something painted on wood (both could be done very cheap)... a ton of our guests took pictures with our little sign and everyone loved it!


  




No comments:

Post a Comment