Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DIY(ish): Wedding Party and Family Gifts

Bridesmaid Gifts - Stuffed Clutches

I knew that I wanted to get my bridesmaids something that they could actually use and that is why I went with clutches stuffed with stuff for the "day of". Although I don't think everything that I filled the clutches with got used that day, it was all stuff that the girls would eventually use. I wanted to add a personal touch, so that's why i decided to sew the purses myself. I used a very basic pattern/tutorial that I found online because I am no sewing pro and knew I needed to keep it simple. I can't seem to find the exact website tutorial that I referenced but this one is exactly the same, very simple and straight forward. I found some light colored muslin at the fabric store, along with some zippers. I got the fabric flowers at Michael's and the I already had the scrap fabric that I used to line the clutches with. I didn't save the receipts for this project but if I had to guess, the empty clutches themselves probably only cost around $20 to make, if that.



Then I raided the "travel mini's" section at Target for some things I thought the girls might need througout the day! Turns out, the best thing I could've gotten everybody was umbrellas (funny thing, I also bought each girl a pair of flip flops... haha!)



The girls seemed to like the clutches and the tissue definitely got good use!

Groomsman Gifts - Whiskey, cups and beer openers

With all of James' groomsmen being into drinking (duh!), I knew I wanted to do something along those lines. We decided to get them some antique glasses, the ones we chose were antique, Southern Comfort whiskey-esque goblets that I found on Etsy, I chose them because I really like the colors.

I also found some antique beer can/bottle openers for pretty cheap, they each had logos from old beer companies. And then we topped the boxes off with a mini bottle each of whiskey! I thought they were cute, a few of the boys even took shots before the ceremony...



All the gifts, packaged up and ready to go




As for our parents, I wanted to get them custom embroidered handkerchiefs for a long time. Although it's not the most unique idea, I just think it is a precious gift that delivers a personal message that they can use forever. There are tons of shops on Etsy that will create these awesome hanky's, but I got mine from Inspired Stitches and they turned out great, our parents loved them...





 ...and we found precious, tiny little boxes to put them in.


 For my Fiance, I bought him tickets to go see his favorite comedian (which we went to last weekend and it was so so fun!) and I also found a shop on Etsy that makes the most adorable, customized penny keychains, Simply Stacy Designs. James has a thing for lucky change so I thought this was a cute gift...

The pennies are from the years we were born, the year we met, and this year, the year we got married!

Then finally, I decided to homemake the cards for our parents and for my card to James... nothing special just basic on the outside and a sentimental hand cramp on the inside!







By the way, hand-written cards are the way to go, I successfully made everyone cry... my lovely groom wouldn't even finish reading his card until 3 days after our wedding!


Going to see Joey Diaz!







No comments:

Post a Comment