Thursday, September 19, 2013

Final Thoughts (as a single lady)... 2 days to go!

It's hard to do a wedding blog when there is so much that you don't want anyone to see yet! I have many projects that would fit great on my little DIY page, but it's all going to have to wait until after the wedding. I've got boxes and boxes in my house, overflowing with burlap, twine and raffia... the past few nights I've had the boy working on multiple projects and he even enlisted our roommate to help. Our kitchen has become a war zone... it looks as though a bridal bomb was dropped onto our home and the haz-mat clean-up team has made a "shrapnel pile" where our dining table once was. On any giving day this week you could have walked into my house an either been overwhelmed by the smell of either spray paint, wood stain or burning glue gun. It's a mess. Needless to say.

But other than a whole bunch of random wedding décor that just needs to be carefully organized and packaged... other than a few dozen (yes, dozen) lists that need to be looked over and checked off... other than my gnarly fingernails and unshaved legs... (sigh) I am excited. I really am. It has been rough though, I'm not going to lie. Planning this wedding basically 100% on my own wasn't easy, but it's what I wanted. I, and my helpers, have in countless hours but in the end I really think I've saved myself quite a bit of money. Although a few of my "projects" didn't end up being so frugal after all ( and I can blame my NON-green thumb for that) most of them turned out great and I can honestly say I'm proud of the outcome... so far, that is. Until the wedding is over and done, I won't be able to really say whether or not it was worth all of the hard work, but my gut says it will be!

Regardless of all of that... I can't wait until Saturday when I can relax (for the most part), get my hair done, get my makeup done, drink champagne and most importantly, marry my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment