Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dessert Table Inspiration

So I already posted about the cake and cupcake idea, but besides that I also want a dessert table... after all, I always have multiple treats at any other party I throw so why would my wedding be any different?! I want to try and still with colors that are neutral and/or "our colors" when it comes to the bakes goods...


Other dessert ideas:
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • orange zest cookies (James' mom makes them and they are amazing)
  • Mexican wedding cookies (one of my favorites that my mom used to make for Christmas)
  • French Macaroons (on our signature colors, of course)
  • Coconut Macaroons (James' favorite)
  • blonde brownies
  • chocolate dipped pretzels

For the next eight or so months I will be on the search for cute stands and trays to display all the delicious treats on... hopefully I can find an antique store with a plethora of adorable cake stands, but if not, I have seen some really cute ideas on Pinterest for some DIY ones! I also really like the idea of using some antique silver serving trays to throw in a little shine!



Along with the edibles, I want to do a pretty flower arrangement, possibly in a large mason jar and some sort of chalkboard list of the desserts...



As for my cupcake research, I have come up with a few recipes that I am going to bake and taste test with my bridesmaids... the flavors I have so far are:
  • Strawberry Margarita (with Tequila infused frosting)
  • Pink Lemonade
  • Double Coconut
  • Espresso
  • Irish Car Bomb (Chocolate Stout cake with Irish Creme frosting)
  • Pink Champagne
  • Chai Latte
  • Pina Colada
I think I will end up picking 3 or 4 flavors to actually do for the wedding... I am so excited so plan this cupcake testing party! (What ever will I do with all of the extra tequila, Guiness and Bailey's???)

No comments:

Post a Comment