Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DIY: Bachelorette "Cheers Bitches" Tumblers

I wanted to make some sort of gift or party favor for each one of the lovely ladies who joined me in Las Vegas for my bachelorette party and I stumbled upon these really cute custom plastic tumblers on Etsy and thought, "I can make those!" This is one of my favorite projects because, besides my invitations, it's one of the only wedding related things that I've actually seen put to use... and they definitely got put to use in Vegas! I figured it was the perfect accessory for my bachelorette weekend because I knew there would be a lot of pre-gaming in our hotel rooms and those tiny glasses they give you in your bathroom are just not enough! And what's the best part about Vegas??? You can drink everywhere!! So we took a lot of our in room drinks "to-go"!

So first I found the plastic tumblers I wanted in bulk... I'm not going to lie, it was hard finding them for a decent price but I finally did and was pleasantly surprised on the quality of the cups (despite a few bad reviews). I used my secret weapon (Michael's coupons) to purchase all the vinyl and transfer paper and of course my trusty Silhouette Cameo craft cutter to do all the cutting... obviously, this task would be pretty difficult without my Cameo!

Plastic tumbler (sans straw) from Amazon

Pink and black vinyl and transfer paper
Creating the art work on Illustrator
Loading up the Cameo
Some of the vinyl cut out with the negative space already peeled off

Some pink (that's what she said)
The girls names

Using the transfer paper...




... peeling it off!
The finished product (front)

All the ladies

Close up of the names (back)
I did have to bring along an extra suitcase to fit all the tumblers in and some of them did get a few cracks in them during the flight (that was my bad, I should have cushioned them better) BUT overall, they were a hit and definitely assisted us in getting drunk all weekend!




Cost of Tumblers = $37.49 for 12
Cost of Vinyl & Transfer paper = $3 each x 3 ($9.99 each with 40% off coupon, and I only used about half of these supplies)
Total cost for 11 custom bachelorette party tumblers = $46.50, or a little over $4 each!

Being able to walk on the street and drink liquor = PRICELESS!!

 (Plus, I had one leftover tumbler, which I will for sure used a TON!)

3 comments:

  1. These are so great! I'm making some for my bachelorette! Do you mind telling me what font you used for the Vegas and the names?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Chelsea, I never check on these anymore! I actually had drew the names and "Vegas" using Adobe Illustrator... glad you like them!

      Delete